It featured two mice, Pixie (voiced by Don Messick) and Dixie (voiced by Daws Butler in a southern accent), and a cat, Mr. Jinks (a.k.a. Jinksy to the mice and voiced by Daws Butler impersonating Marlon Brando).
In many ways the shorts resemble Hanna-Barbera's earlier better-known creation, cat and mouse, which also featured a warring cat and mouse (sometimes two) in a domestic setting. However without Tom and Jerry's more lavish budget for full animation, the Jinks team had to rely on funny dialogue and voices to carry the cartoon's humor. The cartoon was also less violent, and unlike the slightly sinister Tom, the headstrong Jinks was, in reality, too dense to pose much of a real threat to the mice. Unlike cat and mouse, there were many more times when Jinks would either share a good ending with the mice or actually outwit them himself, whereas the times Tom got the best of Jerry were much more rare.
Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks is also remembered for Mr. Jinks' rhyming but ungrammatical lament, "I hate those meeces to pieces!".
As with Huckleberry Hound, Mr. Jinks would frequently talk directly to the audience, and discuss his plans to trap the "meeces".
On November 15, 2005, Warner Home Video released The Huckleberry Hound Show - Vol 1. Some cartoons are available on this DVD release.
- Brazilian Portuguese: Plic, Ploc & Chuvisco
- French: Pixie, Dixie et Jules
- German: Pixie und Dixie
- Hungarian: Inci és Finci
- Italian: Pixi, Dixi e Ginxi
- Japanese: チュースケとチュータ (Chūsuke to Chūta)
- Spanish: Pixie, Dixie y el Gato Jinks .- The characters were dubbed in an unusual way, each one speaking Spanish with a distinct accent. Mr. Jinks had a strong Southern Spanish (Andalusian) accent, Dixie was Cuban and Pixie was Mexican.
- Czech: Pišta a Fišta (Mr. Jinks is called Fous, meaning Whiskers)
- Polish: Pixie, Dixie i Pan Jinks
- Turkish: Bıcır, Gıcır & Tırmık
- Serbian: Piksi i Diksi
- Pixie and Dixie made non-speaking cameos in Yogi's Gang.
- Pixie, Dixie, and Mr. Jinks were featured in the Laff-A-Lympics as members of the Yogi Yahooeys.
- Mr. Jinks appeared in some episodes of Yogi's Treasure Hunt.
- Pixie and Dixie appeared in the "Fender Bender 500" segment of Wake, Rattle, and Roll driving a cheese-modeled monster truck called the Chedder Shredder. In Yo Yogi!, Pixie and Dixie live in a cheese store run by Mr. Jinks (voiced by John Stephenson). While Pixie was still voiced by Don Messick in these appearances, Dixie was voiced by Patric Zimmerman.
- Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinks appeared in the Boomerang short "Harasscat" (it was at first a Cartoon Network short up until 2004). Pixie and Dixie get a restraining order on Jinks for stalking.
- Cartoon Network had a bumper with Pixie, Dixie, and Mr. Jinks parodying The Shining.
- The Huckleberry Hound Show
- List of The Huckleberry Hound Show episodes
- List of works produced by Hanna-Barbera
- List of Hanna-Barbera characters
Though not mentioned the Ben Stiller movie Meet the Parents has a cat named ``Jinks``. Most likely after the charecter.